Why do I need a broker?
As brokers, we help you locate real estate, negotiate terms and walk you through the lease so you can start operating. Our greatest service to you is to level the playing field.
In the world of real estate, there are two sides, landlords and tenants. Landlords, as you can imagine, have a lot of elements stacked in their favor. We’re here to help you best leverage your position.
We don’t like to see this two-sided interaction as a battle. We like to see it as forming a relationship. You’re going to be working with this landlord for years, so it’s always best to have a mutually beneficial association. But there are dozens of points along the road to signing the lease where you could get taken advantage of. We’ve got your back.
The benefits of working with a broker
Finding real estate is a full-time job (plus overtime!). How many hours do you have to put into the search? We can save you time, money, and sanity, not to mention setting you up for long-term success. And that’s just the beginning of the list.
There are many benefits to having us on your team…
- NO COST TO YOU! As tenant-rep brokers, you don’t pay our commission.
- We are your advocate, acting in your best interest. We are bound by the fiduciary duties of: obedience, loyalty, disclosure, confidentiality, accounting, and reasonable care.
- We know where the market is, which brings you more negotiating power with the rent rate, tenant improvement allowances, rent abatement, and more.
- Off-market deals. Many commercial deals are done off-market and this is how you often find the most desirable spaces and locations. Other brokers, developers, and even property owners know us as the go-to F&B guys so they often call us before advertising to the general public.
- We have a comprehensive network. Architects, construction companies, insurance, bankers, marketing and PR, the list goes on… Any resource you need, chances are high we’ve got a trusted connection.
- We speak real estate Legalese. Contracts, disclosures, leases, LOIs, loans, etc. It can all feel like a foreign language. We can translate.
- Familiarity with the city and all the different types of properties, as well as familiarity with the unique needs of restaurants, bars, breweries, and other F&B concepts.
- We’re with you from start to finish. We negotiate the letter of intent, nail down floor plans, finalize leases, and coordinate attorneys, contractors and more.